Credits

The Designers Chic

Sunday, November 16, 2008

ALMOST

Yesterday t i almost lost my baby girl Kaitlyn, she almost drowned in the bathtub. Here is the story:

At around 4:30 p.m. i decided to give the girls there bath early since Kayla will be having company over for her first ever sleep over. After washing them i stated filling up the tub with water so they could have a bubble bath and play for a little while. Both girls were in the tub playing. I was in the bathroom the whole time with them. I make it a point not to leave Kaitlyn in the tub with water. The water was not that deep but if Kaitlyn laid down she would drown in it. I turned my back for a second to get something out from under the sink when i heard :
Kayla : Menie look at her (giggling and laughing)
I turned around and Kaitlyn was submerged in the water and she was thrashing about trying to breath and get up but she didn't know how to. I just scooped her in my arms right then and there and stood her up. She was crying and breathing hard. I was calm but my heart felt like it wanted to jump out of my chest. I was so scared of what i saw. I had to explain to Kayla that if she ever saw baby sister in that position she should pick her up right away so she wont drown. She didn't know what happened to Kaitlyn. I was literally shaking inside. I will never ever turn my back on Kaitlyn when she is in the bath never again!!!! That served as a wake up call for me. I don't know if ill give her a bubble bath anytime soon. Thank God i didn't leave the room and Thank God she is alright...

6 comments:

natalie and nicole said...

very scary indeed. accident can happen all the time even in a split of a second so beware. thanks God your daughter is safe :)

eden said...

nakuyawan gyud ko nagbasa ani Lods. ayaw gyud kompyansa.

thank God she is OK. hugs

simplyjacy said...

when you told me this story, i was not at ease. and when i read it now, the fear and nervousness came back. my gosh!

Praise the Lord that she's safe!

anne said...

Good thing that you were inside of the bathroom so your instinct know that something would happen. Thank GOD.

chubskulit said...

Oh my Gosh, that's scary... My heart raced when i read your story, good Lord! good thing your guardian angel told you something and that God is watching over your baby too...

Just last night, while I'm at work, hubby called me and said, don't be shocked when you go home and see EJ's face bruised.. And I was like "Oh My Gog!" What happen was, he was also giving them a bath and my son being aboy, tried to climb from the corner of the tub and slid.. He fell with his face on the tub, good thing, it wasn't that bad..

inday_adin said...

Bless her heart mommy Lods na wala tawn ka ni gawas sa room pod.. Agoy! Good thing ni tawag si Kayla nimo aron makakita ka ni baby K and ma rescue nimo. Good thing she was okay. :) Thank God!

 

follow me on Twitter